Tuesday, March 19, 2013

News Day (Sort of)

Looks like I talked too fast yesterday, saying I was healthy. Still, it feels like I am beating the virus. Problem is that getting everything done (including visiting blogs to collect news day items) is a bit more difficult than usual.

So... today's News Day post is mostly admin.

First of all, the Word Master Challenge is still open. So if you want to enter, but haven't yet, you still have until the end of March.

Then, I'll be announcing the Paying Forward Award Categories and opening nominations for March tomorrow. So, if you want to be one of the amazing and generous people sponsoring prizes please contact me at mishagericke(AT)gmail(DOT)com with "Paying Forward" as the subject as soon as possible so that I know how many prizes we'll have. All prizes will be welcomed.

One thing that's sort of unrelated to this blog is the WriteOnCon Pitch Fest going on this week. Agents are commenting on query pitches, so it's definitely worth while for anyone wanting to query to check out the forum and learn what you can.

Also, the organizers are looking for book fans, book bloggers, published authors and represented authors who can vote for the best pitches in the competition. This is a huge thing, though, since the prizes can make some authors' careers. Please check out this link for more information and to register as a voter.

Okay. That's it for today. I promise I'll start visiting blogs and commenting soon. I'm really missing my blog visits.

Any news for next week? Leave a comment or preferably mail me a link to the news bit with "News" as the subject.

Be back tomorrow! Remember those nominations!

13 comments:

  1. Misha, I hope you feel 100% better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, hope you start feeling better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really hope you feel like yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe WriteOn is coming back around again. Where do the years go? :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you keep kicking that illness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well soon. I hear cake helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hoping to get four blog posts written sometime today-one being a gues tpost. Plus, 4 thousand words in on the second book to Lila's Journey. I'm off today. Always so much to do.

    Hope you feel better. Sounds like the same flu my daughter and grandson had.

    Hugs and chicken soup,
    Shelly

    Need to do my word master post, too. Forgot about it last month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all! Am already feeling tons better. Hopefully I'll be completely healthy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw! Here's hoping you are feeling much better. I had the flu last week and it knocked my butt our for a solid five days! Whew, glad that's over!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.